Subject: Re: Turbo Plus
From: "Adam Parrott" <[email-masked]>
To: "Michael Paul Ness" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 19:33:36 -0600

Greetings.

> Does anyone know where I can register the Turbo Plus extension? The
> last address and phone number I have is from a place called 
> "Playfield" in Florida.  When I tried to call the number I got some 
> old lady's house. The BBS number was disconnected (suprise suprise) 
> and I didn't dare send any money to the address. Any help?

hehe, ye, BIG surprise. Playfield still exists, but I don't think at 
the same address (on neither the Web or geographcially), and I don't 
think that the old phone numbers work.

The guy from Playfield who was into AMOS and helped with Turbo Plus 
was Ryan Scott, who has actually turned Playfield from a successful 
AMOS mag (which I don't think exists any longer) into a couple of Web 
pages on his Web site. He now runs a Web designing and consulting 
business with a couple of other people. Do a Yahoo! search on him, 
and you're sure to find something (I can always get the URL to you).

> I am also looking for the syntax of the Turbo Plus commands.  The
> demo I have only lists the commands but gives no usage information. 
> I have been able to figure out how many arguments each command takes
> and in some cases what each argument does.  But I still can't figure
> out some commands.  I especially need to know how to set up a
> scrolling scene with Turbo. If anyone has the heart to let me in on
> this info I would be greatful.

Well, I own the latest version of Turbo (2.0), as I managed to secure 
a copy of it with photo-copies of the manual from a faithful List 
supplier (Chris Evans, who's no longer on the List). I could scan the 
pages (I WONT type them up) and send them to you via email, but most 
assuredly majority of them wont work since you have the demo version.

I could also send you copies of the disks (snail mail or e-mail 
.DMS), but I may have to charge you a small bit for them (if sent 
snail mail) to cover shipping, etc. (And any type of legal stuff.)

> Is Turbo still being developed by anyone?
I'm not sure. To my knowledge, not at the moment.

Intuition (n): an uncanny sixth sense which tells
people that they are right, whether they are or not.

Adam Parrott, personal: [email-masked], work: [email-masked]
Member of Team *AMOS* and the IAPA. http://members.tripod.com/~parrottsoft